Making this with DK yarn and US#4 needles. It’s turning out very tiny - maybe 6 month size? Love the pattern, yarn and it’s as cute as can be.
Made it a little longer than the pattern says.
I love this Schachenmayr yarn - it has a firm texture and didn’t totally lose it’s structure when I blocked it. I will be buying more. NOTE: this yarn says DK on the label, but on their website it is listed as a Lace weight - it is NOT a lace weight, just so you know.
Used exactly two skeins for this size.
I modified the pattern just a tad:
- I only did 3 buttonholes (because I like that look)
- I did M1 increases instead of the yarn overs she suggested.
- I did 22 rows for the body instead of 17 as the pattern says.
- I did 11 rows of garter stitch for the trim instead of 9.
- I did 22 rows stockinette for sleeves before garter trim
Blogged about here: https://italiandishknits.com/2017/04/07/lilla-koftan-litt...