Testing this beautiful top for Alicia. Although it’s meant to be a beach coverup, I absolutely love the way Alicia styled it in her project photos and I intend to wear it as a t-shirt.
Gauge: 24st, 34 rows
Biggest mod was my yarn choice. I used 100% wool while the pattern calls for linen. This changed the fit and drape of the FO. I LOVE my FO, but it doesn’t fit the same way the same garment knit in linen would.
Did 2 extra raglan increases
Knit 6 rounds for sleeves before cuff
Picked up an extra stitch under the sleeves so the seed stitch would work out nicely
Used size 7s to BO for sleeves
Placed markers to indicate hip increases, then increased inside the markers as instructed (easier than counting each time!)
I moved my BOR marker to under the sleeve for the hem, so any jog created by the seed stitch would be less noticeable.
For seed stitch hem to work out, you need an odd number of stitches so I did one extra increase before starting that.
Used JSSBO for the bottom hem
Picked up stitches around collar and did 3 rounds of seed stitch, then bound off to prevent the collar from rolling