Shameless Vika
Finished
October 25, 2014
December 23, 2014

Shameless Vika

Project info
Vika (For Kids) by Veronik Avery
Knitting
approx. 1" negative ease
Needles & yarn
US 5 - 3.75 mm
madelinetosh 80/10/10 Sport
125 yards in stash
4.5 skeins = 1125.0 yards (1028.7 meters)
November 20, 2013
Notes

Shamelessly copying Mollie, except doing a shawl collar instead of a turtleneck.

CF Parameters:

  • Close fit
  • Pullover
  • Length: Medium-hip length
  • Sleeves: Full-length sleeve
  • Neck style: Vee neck
  • Neck depth: 1”/2.5 cm below armhole-shaping start
  • Neck width: average

The shawl collar is modeled after one of my favorite sweatshirts.

Here’s what I did: I bound off as if I were doing a scoop neck for the initial ‘v-neck bind off’ instead of just decreasing per pattern. I also used this bind off to bind off the additional stitches I added to account for the cables. I then followed the decreases per the v-neck instructions and completed the front per my CF pattern. Starting at the right side of the neck, I picked up a multiple of 4+2 around the neck opening and worked in 2x2 rib until the collar was as wide as the initial bind off opening. Then I began doing short rows to shape the collar. The short rows started at approximately the same place as the last decreases were worked on the front shoulders. I worked German short rows and extended each row by 2 sts until all of the sts were used up. I bound off loosely, especially through the back neck to allow for the collar to expand and sit nicely.

I still need to weigh my leftovers, so I’m guessing I used 4.5 skeins.

viewed 1794 times | helped 22 people
Finished
October 25, 2014
December 23, 2014
 
About this pattern
from BT Kids
125 projects, in 281 queues
JennEmerson's overall rating
JennEmerson's clarity rating
JennEmerson's difficulty rating
About this yarn
by madelinetosh
Sport
80% Merino, 10% Cashmere goat, 10% Nylon
250 yards

1664 projects

stashed 4256 times

JennEmerson's star rating
  • Originally queued: October 6, 2014
  • Project created: October 22, 2014
  • Finished: December 30, 2014
  • Updated: February 17, 2015
  • Progress updates: 6 updates