8 January 2014 -
I’ve been really bad at updating this! I’ve currently finished half of my second sleeve and then I’ll just have the button band to finish.
Things I’ve done differently:
Picked up 4 extra stitches at the armhole as I was worried it would be too tight. I eliminated the extra stitches when the arm starts decreasing.
I’ve added an extra 30 rows to the sleeve (after row 53) to lengthen them as they were coming up quite short.
I accidentally knit the first sleeve in 4.5mm needles instead of the 5mm ones called for. This hasn’t caused me any issues with fit around my arm however, so I’m going to leave it. I have started the second sleeve using 4.5mm needles as well to keep them looking even.
Because of the extra wool used to extend the sleeves, I’ve unfortunately run out! I’ve ordered more and have my fingers crossed that the dye lot is not too dissimilar to the current lot.
I’m also a little worried that I may have made the cardigan a bit small across my bust, but it does seem to stretch an awful lot so I’m hoping it will be fine once blocked. We’ll see…
30th January -
YAY! I finished this up yesterday :)
Turns out I had more than enough wool and now have a whole new ball to figure out what to do with.
The cardigan fits me perfectly but I think if I knit this again I’d go for the 36inch bust. Being a sewer I’ve not had much experience with negative ease, but this was a good learning curve.
I left out the buttonholes in the pattern and instead sewed on grosgrain ribbon to each button band and machine stitched in my buttonholes.
The buttons are gorgeous ceramic ones that I got while I was in London last year.