This was a bit of a marathon project but I love the finished result.
The pattern was straightforward and I charged through until the final border which was the slowest part by far (although I did take on a lot of other smaller projects in the meantime). I was going to run out of yarn so I only did 5 repeats of the old shale pattern.
The centre section in particular would benefit from firm blocking but lack of space has prevented me from doing more than flattening it out to dry as best as I can. It will do for now but as soon as I have a big enough pinnable surface I will definitely give it a good stretch!