KnittingDaddy's projects
Blueberry's In Threes
Finished
February 25 2015
March 22 2015
Project info
Blueberry's In Threes
in threes: a baby cardigan by Kelly Herdrich
Knitting
Blueberry
5 (largest)
Needles & yarn
US 8 - 5.0 mm
Berroco Vintage®
434 yards in stash
156885
Gate City Yarns in Greensboro, North Carolina
February 25, 2015
Notes

2015/03/21 - My DW found some great buttons at JoAnn’s the other day. I sewed them on last night and soaked and blocked the sweater today. I managed to get Blueberry to try it on. It’s a little large, but she can grow into it. The buttons are super cute, even if they are made from coconut.

2015/03/01 - Wow, this just flies. I found myself joining the second ball in at about 1/3 down the body. I joined in the garter section under one of the armholes, which I think did a great job of keeping the join unnoticeable. Lots of knitting while watching TV allowed me to complete all but the last garter section and bind off so far. Seems to fit around Blueberry’s chest fine. I’ll double-check the length before binding off to decide if I want to add another stockinette/garter section at the end to increase length (I doubt I do).

2015/02/25 - With Blueberry’s ~23” chest circumference, I decided to cast on the largest size, 5. It’s hard to believe that she’s that big! I didn’t swatch, because I’m lazy. Hopefully it’ll be fine. If anything, I expect it to be big, and she can grow into it. I had several hours of TV knitting, and got through Row 30, the end of the garter yoke, just before the cap sleeves. I did follow the note on the Ravelry project page on the button rows to use K across to last 4 sts, K2TOG, YO, K2 so that it’s on the “correct” side for a girl.

Chest circumference: ~23”
Ball 1 start: 101g, end: 0g, used: 101g
Ball 2 start: 101g, end: 51g, used: 50g

viewed 290 times
Finished
February 25 2015
March 22 2015
About this pattern
8359 projects, in 5405 queues
KnittingDaddy's overall rating
KnittingDaddy's clarity rating
KnittingDaddy's difficulty rating
About this yarn
by Berroco
Worsted
52% Acrylic, 40% Wool, 8% Nylon
217 yards / 100 grams

53382 projects

stashed 28372 times

KnittingDaddy's star rating
  • Originally queued: June 13, 2013
  • Project created: February 26, 2015
  • Finished: March 22, 2015
  • Updated: April 9, 2015
  • Progress updates: 3 updates