Here’s the thing about the yarn (which I’ve rated at 3 stars). It looks amazing when knit up (in a ragtag, fiber art sort of way). But it’s such a bitch to get through. I wouldn’t recommend it unless you really like thin-gauge knitting (i.e. dental floss) and you really want the finished scarf. I’m sure I’ll be really happy with this end result but it is very unlikely that I’ll knit with it again.
June 18: 6.5 inches long after using 12 g. If this rate continues the length of the scarf will be 54 inches prior to blocking.
July 13: Lord this thing is endless. I’ve only used 40 of the 100 grams…
Aug 6: So, so endless. I’ve now used a bit over 50 grams and I’m at 28 inches. Guess this might be more like 56 inches when complete…
I’m at 73g used. That’s 2/3 of the scarf completed…
As of the end of this evening, I’ve used up 77g.
Now at 84g used. And I’m really applying myself.
I’m at 90 grams used. At home feeling sick so I’ve nothing to do but lie here and knit… Let’s see if I can finish this already.
So this thing is done. I have 1g of yarn left (well, 1.55g, by the scientific scale). Scarf-weight is 99g. It has ended up being 54 inches long (at least if it doesn’t shrink much during blocking - and I don’t suppose it will since it’s bamboo and cotton. I am very happy that it’s done. Photos to follow after blocking.
I was never able to look at this without seeing the effort that went into it (and the unpleasantness of knitting with dental floss). Just gave it to Jeanette, who liked it through the entire knitting process.