Addi needles, in US Size 2, appear to be (in modern sizing) 3 mm, not 2.75. As such, I bought a size 1 / 2.75 needle. Intriguingly, Ravelry considers 2.75 mm to be a size 2.
My gauge is 1 stitch less per inch than the pattern (7 and 10 rather than 8 and 11). This is why I’ve opted to make the size 32”. I should gain 4 inches with my gauge…
July 23:Gotta say, this thing looks weird and small right now, though I’ve measured and (based on the number of stitches I have and which the pattern calls for) I do have the extra width and length my gauge should provide. Keeping my fingers crossed that this pattern will make itself knowable to me. The instructions are practically non-existent.
I will continue to write about this on my blog: line4line.blogspot.com
August 26 Quite a disappointing outcome. I would either stay far away from this pattern, or follow it without making any adjustments. (Gotta say, though, I kept the proportions so I don’t know how this would work better even if you get gauge.)
Updated on Sept. 3: I put this thing together incorrectly which is why it was a disaster! Pulled it apart, which was hard given that I machine sewed the side and back seams and also hemmed / faced. I’ve reassembled and the size is great. The thing is still too short, because I ran out of yarn and had to alter the size (see blog posts on the topic), but overall, I’m happy to say it didn’t fail!
Update Sept. 9: I did put it together incorrectly but reseaming, unfortunately, did not fix the fit at the waist. It’s way to gape-y and big. I think I have 2 options left: Reseam the side seams grading to larger seam allowances at the waist OR let it go. Maybe this sweater is not meant to be.