Deutsch im Stricktagebuch vom 4. Nov. 2012
Machines can only achieve a limited width of the knitted parts so I had to experiment with several patterns to get the correct size of the cardigan. Tuck-stitch seemed to be the matching technique. I made some tests with standard punchcards coming with the machine and some punchcards I punched myself.
Result was: the more stitches are tucked the wider and fluffier the fabric gets. And the more rows had to be knitted.
For I didn’t want a too fleecy result I had choosen a pattern from Regine Faust, a famous knitwear and knitting-machine designer.
The Pygmalion pattern of Hanne Falkenberg was only an orientation for my design, I don’t own the original pattern neither ever saw it, but have a machine adaption with pattern drawings including measurements which I couldn’t use. So all was calculation based on the swatch.
I made narrower sleeves as given in the pattern.
The combined collar-pocket-parts really look nice even from the private side of the cardigan.
Tuck-stitch-fabric is awfully curling on each side so a handknitted rim in some garter rows with a rolling edge was attached.