Deutsch im Stricktagebuch vom 2. Jan. 2013 Julie’s pattern was taken as an inspiration and converted to machine-knit. It’s a simple tube which is twisted and knit together at the open edges. Start with provisional cast-on (waste yarn). Making the punchcard took more time than knitting. Dinosaur patterns are from Wendy Phillips and I was lucky at an eBay auktion. I punched all patterns on one card and marked the beginnings. So it was easy to combine several creatures without fumbling with those tiny punchcard clips all the time. For the reversed part I turned the punchcard and also marked the starting row on the card. As you might see I did a botch-up with the second motive and sticked some tape over the mistakes.
Started with 122 needles and MK9 then changed to MK 10 when starting the stranded knitting.
The hat ist reversible so the wearer may chose which creature he wants to show and which color he’s in the mood for.