2.8.09 - after attempting and ripping out the entire lattice section after the split for the neck about 50 million times (my poor yarn is suffering), I finally gave up and wrote out the entire chart for the cabled section by hand so I could see the entire thing visually, and put in helpful directional arrows so that I could remember which way I was supposed to read the chart. That is the only way that I managed to conquer these cables. And they’re not difficult, it’s just hard to remember what you’re doing when you’re constantly being interrupted by a toddler and a husband. And probably the cat too.
2.21.10 - IT’S DONE! YAY!!
10.2.13 - man. wrong yarn choice. In spades. The ribbing didn’t hold its rib, and got completely stretched out. The yarn lost all its bounce. The entire thing grew like 20 billion sizes, until it could have housed a family of four. Frogged, and now I have a man’s sweater’s worth of yarn waiting to be reconstituted into something else.