Using K=30 for a finished chest of 36 inches, which will be huge on this little 7 year old girl. But since 1) I want her to have more than one winter’s use of it, and 2) kids grow faster than I knit, well …
The last time I knit for a little boy, I learned the hard way to aim big, lol. Besides, it’s gotta fit overtop of her shirt, right? I hope it ain’t too big (worry, worry) …
2/07/2013 doing an I-cord cast-off along the button bands.
2/08/13 picked up the sleeve stitches to extend the sleeves. It’s at a 40” wingspan now, and I’m aiming for a 52” wingspan. It feels really good to be past the parts on long circs and to finally be back to short straights. I might actually get this done before she turns 10, lol.
2/10/13 finished extending the first sleeve and bound off with an I-cord cast-off.
2/13/13 finished the second sleeve the other day and then, last night, started picking up the stitches to seam the shoulders with some more I-cord. Now, the next morning, I’m still picking up them stitches! Sheesh!
2/18/13 Got the stitching done around each button hole & the ribbon sewn in on the inside of the button band. Now I gotta pick some buttons and weave in the tails :-)