Important note: When working decreases at the beginning/ends of rows the edge stitches must be worked incredibly loosely. I also advice not carry yarn along the edge if working with multiple balls.
I thought I had worked the edge loosely as well as casting off loosely, however the edge for along the back of the neck and around the shoulders was too tight.
To get this edge to match the edge it is sewn to and for it to be loose enough to wear comfortably I cut every edge stitch with scissors while using the sewing machine to zigzag stitch the cut edge to prevent unravelling.
It was a drastic approach but the other choice was the frog 80% of the garment and reknit it, so I took the chance. It worked perfectly, the edge is secure, long enough and still stretchy for a comfortable fit. You can’t even see the butchering!
Unsure of total yarn used.
Welts knitted with blue/black DK merino, 2x Patons boucle, green/black DK merino, 2xPatons boucle, in that order.
I’m really pleased with how the colours worked together.
Great garment and I’d definitely make another.
It would be nice to make one a little bigger to give a longer and wider drape.