I started with that pattern, but abandoned it pretty quickly, ending up with a floppy-brim number…not sure I’m liking it, time will tell, I suppose! :)
So, here’s what I did:
Twisted German Cast On - 80, join to knit in the round.
2 rounds 1x1 seed stitch.
Rnd 3: ^(K1, p1)x12, k2tog, p2tog. Repeat from ^ around. (70sts)
Rnd 4 (and all even rounds): (p1, k1) around.
Rnd 5: ^(K1, p1)x10, k2tog, p2tog. Repeat from ^ around. (60sts)
Rnd 7: ^(K1, p1)x8, k2tog, p2tog. Repeat from ^ around. (50sts)
Rnd 9: ^(K1, p1)x6, k2tog, p2tog. Repeat from ^ around. (40sts)
Knit in st st until hat is 4” long, from the top of the brim to where you are knitting, start decreases.
(K4, k2tog) around. (32sts)
(K3, k2tog) around. (24sts)
Continue in this manner until you have 8 sts. Cut yarn and thread tail through remaining loops on needles, fasten off.
Booties were based on a pattern, but I can’t find it now…doh! I’ll add it if/when it shows up!