RamonasGirl's projects
52. Not a panther pink socks
January 30 2017
February 12 2017
Project info
52. Not a panther pink socks
Wendy's Toe-Up Sock by Wendy D. Johnson
64 stitch
Needles & yarn
US 1 - 2.25 mm
SpinningFates Megara
166 yards in stash
0.64 skeins = 294.4 yards (269.2 meters), 64 grams
hand dyed


First time using Turkish Cast on and I love it. So much easier than JMCO.

Working the Broken Seed Stitch pattern is fiddly and time consuming. These are going to take a while; good thing I do two-at-a-time or I’d never do a second one :-)

Feb 4, 2017: Completely FROGGED the Broken Seed Stitch socks last night and will be starting all over tonight. Going to drop the pretty broken seed stitch -- as pretty as it is, it’s a pain to do and I’m not crazy about the second yarn (Drops Fabel) anyway. And, I made the toe too wide as well but early on decided not to start over, which I should have done. Soooo, now I’ve wasted close to a week and am starting over but doing a plain vanilla sock this time.

PATTERN: Easy pattern and, although I liked how easy the heel was, I still prefer a reinforced heel. But had to try it anyway.

YARN: The Megara knits up really nicely. Tight weave and makes a very nice fabric for the sock - lovely luxe yarn. Talented dyer. The socks feel great on -- highly recommend this yarn.

MODIFICATIONS: I added a little “V” with ribbing on the back of the sock (ala the Valentine socks) and used Elizabeth Zimmerman’s garter cuff as well as her sewn bind off. Firsts for me.
UPDATE -- I’m really liking the garter cuff (at least with this lux yarn) and that decorative “V” is really attractive even if I’m the only one to see it. It would be impressive as heck on a gift pair of socks.

viewed 27 times
January 30 2017
February 12 2017
About this pattern
RamonasGirl's star rating
RamonasGirl's difficulty rating
3742 projects, in 1029 queues
About this yarn
by SpinningFates
75% Merino, 25% Nylon
460 yards / 100 grams
RamonasGirl's star rating

33 projects

stashed 59 times

  • Project created: January 29, 2017
  • Finished: February 12, 2017
  • Updated: February 24, 2017
  • Progress updates: 5 updates