RobinBrz > notebook > projects > Juliana Modified

Project info
Juliana Modified
Juliana Wrap by Rachel Lintern
Crochet
Gift
Hooks & yarn
3.25 mm (D)
6.0 mm (J)
Bernat Baby Sport Solids & Marls
1 skein = 1077.0 yards (984.8 meters), 300 grams
Wal*Mart in Massachusetts
Notes

I joined a CAL in the Crochet Shoulder Wrappers Group for this wrap and it’s been helpful right from the start.

I decided to use an alternative beginning to get a half circle shape - instead of the half oval that you get with the pattern.
I began with a MC, and 4 ESC (Extended Single Chains).
Row 1) 2ESC in each of the 4
Row 2) 1ESC in next, 2ESC in next - across
Row 3) 1ESC in next 2, 2ESC in next - across
Row 4) 1ESC in next 3, 2ESC in next - across
Row 5) 1ESC in next 4, 2ESC in next - across
And so on until piece = desired width. In this case I think 120 stitches sets up for the next section. More on that when I get there!

Update 7/4/12
I’m 5 rows into the “Mesh Section”.
To work pattern according to chart you work odd rows (3,5,7…) like row 1 - substituting the designated chain number to increase pattern size.
Even rows (4,6,8…) are worked like row 2.
It felt confusing to me when I was reading the pattern, but when I just gave it a try it all fell into place. Don’t over think it - just go for it!

Update 7/17/2012
I’m on row 12 in the Mesh. The weather has been oppressively hot making it tough to work on this project. Slow and steady!! (hooray for A/C!)

Finished!! 9/21/2012
Working slowly throughout the summer I finally finished this wrap. I followed the pattern as written except for the modifications made to start with. And the tassles - I used a chain 15 instead of chain 10 to attach them to the wrap. When I got the the final row of edging I was one stitch short on the pattern - so I just snuck an extra sc in there and was fine. I was going to put beads on the edging - the pattern really does lend itself to beading, but I’m tired of working on it and want to be finished! Maybe someday??
My wrap is full size - not a scarf or shawlett as the pattern implies. I used a sport weight yarn. I imagine with something thinner you’d end up with something like the pattern picture.
I was unsure about the pom-pomy tassels, but once I tried them out I decided to add them permanently. The hang nicely and do aid in keeping it in place.
Overall I’m pleased with this project. I’m not sure what I’m going to do with it now that it’s done. It certainly nice enough for a gift - and although it is acrylic, it’s soft and hangs nicely. It should wash well and I do like the way it looks in bright winter white.

viewed 336 times | helped 6 people
Finished
June 20 2012
September 21 2012
 
About this pattern
RobinBrz's star rating
RobinBrz's difficulty rating
482 projects, in 1212 queues
About this yarn
by Bernat
DK
100% Acrylic
1255 yards / 350 grams
RobinBrz's star rating

7254 projects

stashed 2575 times

  • Originally queued: June 17, 2012
  • Project created: June 20, 2012
  • Updated: September 22, 2012
  • Progress updates: 6 updates