7/5/11: I am a moron.
I tried on the socks for their photo-shoot and they’re really tight. Damn tight. I can hardly get them over my heel.
:: sigh ::
I’m giving the socks to my mother. She has smaller feet than I do.
7/4/11: I celebrated Independence Day by finishing these socks. I love them, but it took me forever to knit them.
- CO 6, inc. to 70
- 7.25” foot
- 2” heel flap
- 6” pattern on leg after heel flap
- 1.5” 3x2 ribbing
1/1/11: I knit each foot to 7.25” and each heel flap to 2”.
12/31/10: I finally picked up these socks again. I still LOVE the yarn and want to wear these socks!
Tonight I knit each foot to 7”.
5/15/09: I cast on 6 and increased to 64 in preparation for the Monkey pattern. However, it would have been too small. I didn’t feel like fiddling with the pattern so I switched to the Yarn Over Cable pattern. I increased to 70 stitches.
I originally wanted to do the Yarn Over Cable on this yarn, so it all worked out!
I finished both toes today and started knitting a small stockinette buffer before I start the pattern.
The picture is black and white because I couldn’t capture the color of the yarn accurately.
5/10/09: My other Monkeys came out perfect, so I’m hoping to replicate that pattern with this yarn. I’ll be following my pattern tweaks from those socks on this pair.