SewTechnicolor's projects
Lady Marple
Finished
March 1 2014
April 6 2014
Project info
Lady Marple
Lady Marple by Nadia Crétin-Léchenne
Knitting
Me :)
XL
Needles & yarn
US 7 - 4.5 mm
Knit Picks Wool of the Andes Worsted
10.5 skeins = 1155.0 yards (1056.1 meters), 525 grams
41690
Knit Picks
February 17, 2014
Notes

April 6: I finished the first button band a week ago but didn’t want to start the second one until I found buttons. Finally chose buttons, so today I knitted the second button band. 7 buttonholes, using the one row buttonhole. Now I just need to block it and sew on the buttons! (The store didn’t have enough in stock so I’ll have to get them to order more, though.)

March 30: Finished the second sleeve and the neckband yesterday, and picked up the stitches for the first button band last night. I hope to finish that one today, but I might not start the second one (with the buttonholes) until after I choose my buttons. I think I’m going to try the one row buttonhole?

March 23: One sleeve down, one to go!

March 22: Picked up stitches for the sleeves and did the short rows the other night…goodness- short rows are pretty simple, but doing them on DPNs is a pain. As of today, I’m through with one sleeve down to the elbow.

March 19: Body of the sweater is finished and shoulders are seamed up as of tonight! I tried it on and it seems to fit, which is wonderful (considering how too-big my last sweater turned out). The three needle bind off is one of my new favorite things…I don’t know why I was so scared of it. :) It was simple!

March 15: Passed the armhole, and I’ll be finishing up the fronts this weekend and starting on the rest of the back. :)

March 13th: Several days ago I finished the waist decreases (again), and then last night I finished the increases after the waist. I’m nearly to the point where the fronts and backs are worked separately!

March 5th: I finished the waist decreases last night, only to realize that even after adding a bit of length, this cardigan still wasn’t as long as I wanted it to be! So this evening I frogged back to before the decreases to add more length. Modifications so far: adding 8 cm before beginning waist decreases, and making size XXL in the hips but XL everywhere else (to get down to XL at the waist, I’m doing the waist decreases every 4 rows, for a total of 6 times).


Doing a cardigan knit-along with Carolynn this month! :) I’m really excited to knit this lovely pattern. This is only my second sweater and I’m sure it’ll be a challenge, but I can’t wait!

When choosing yarn, I may or may not have been subconsciously influenced by the dark red/burgundy cardigans that are part of the uniforms in Call the Midwife. :)

viewed 336 times | helped 2 people
Finished
March 1 2014
April 6 2014
About this pattern
901 projects, in 1628 queues
SewTechnicolor's overall rating
SewTechnicolor's clarity rating
SewTechnicolor's difficulty rating
About this yarn
by Knit Picks
Worsted
100% Wool
110 yards / 50 grams

74857 projects

stashed 55107 times

SewTechnicolor's star rating
  • Project created: February 27, 2014
  • Finished: April 6, 2014
  • Updated: July 9, 2014
  • Progress updates: 7 updates