I should have read the notes on different projects. Roxyrana in particular had a good idea and I wish I’d read it and changed the YOs to matching solid increases, but it’s not a major problem.
I don’t particularly like how the cast-on looks, but I haven’t done enough shawls of this style to have a better idea of it. Since it’s a two-row scarf, I just carried the other color up the side, making sure to bring the new color up in front of the old color. I do wish there was a specified bindoff, but that’s not really a problem.
For the edging, I knit until I didn’t have too much of the Melody left, ending with a Row 2, then knit close to half of the black I had left in garter stitch (7 rows), most of a row in the Melody (see the left side in the full blocking picture), and then knit up the rest of the black, 5 rows then a bindoff for under 2 yards of black leftover. I did matching solid increases in the edging, M1R and M1L.
CO: backwards loop
Yarn note: I loved, loved, loved this in the skein. Gorgeous colors, so happy with my choice! However, the only area where the color looks like it did in the skein was in fact the yarn that made up the outside of the skein. There is a gorgeous blue and purple mixture that doesn’t show up anywhere else, along with a lot of purple and a touch of green. Looked great. However, the rest of the yarn is a lot of green with a touch of purple. I was prepared to not love the yarn due to buying it online, but would definitely have grabbed this yarn in a store too. Oh well, can’t win ‘em all!