I wanted to use the sparkly yarn for something for Saana. She loves hats and also needs one for late autumn so I decided to try a beret (hopefully it won’t itch). The pattern seems nice.
I cast on 144 as per instructions but after knitting a few rounds and reading the comments I realized the brim was going to be too big for my daughter. So I added a second yarn around round 5 and knit with two yarns held together for 6 rounds. I also decreased 4 sts on each needles keeping the k1p1 rib (=32 sts per needle). After the brim I increased back to 144 sts, dropped the second yarn and started the pattern using stitch markers.
This turned out beautiful although next time:
- Knit in circular needles not to drop stitches
- CO less stitches: it’s loose even for me. Maybe 110.
The yarn turned out to be quite pretty but it is too acrylic for my taste in general and the quality is not even. I like the sequins but I won’t be buying more of this.
The pattern was clear to follow and well written. I would have given it five stars if the sizing of the brim had been more accurate.