Whipped these up using the leftover CashLuxe Fine from my Five by Five cowl. The leftovers from the leftovers are minimal as you see from the pic.
I based these mitts on Purl Soho’s Colorblock Handwarmers and made a few mods. Because I was winging it and knew I didn’t have enough yarn to work these from the bottom-up as per the pattern, I started the mitts at the top edge and basically knit til I ran out of yarn. I also added some increases to the forearm.
Here’s what I did: Using the Silver, cast on 60st, join in the round and work K1 P1 for 4 rows. Switch to Charcoal and work st st for 1.5 inches. Split for the thumbhole by working back and forth 1.75 inches and then rejoin in the round and work 4 more rows. Switch to Silver and knit for 1.75 inches. Increase: K29, m1, K2 centre sts, m1, K to end of row (62 sts). Knit 4 rows even, then repeat Increase Row by making M1 on either side of 2 centre sts (64 sts). Knit 4 rows even, switch to Charcoal and work increase row again as above (66 sts). Knit 9 rows even. Switch to Silver and K5 rows even. Work K1 P1 ribbing for 4 rows and cast off using Jeny’s Surprisingly Stretchy Bind-off. Using Silver, pick up 32 sts around the thumbholes and work 3 rows of K1 P1 rib and bind off using JSSBO. Weave in ends and enjoy.