First, I think I did a damn good job, considering this was my first ever adult-sized sweater!
I finished way back in December, but had to wait until April to get pictures of the recipient wearing the sweater.
the small adaptations I did along the way were perfect. The sweater fits Em just right. It’s turned into her favorite hoodie, and I’m going to need to get her a de-piller if she keeps wearing it so much.
12/11- Sleeves are blocking. In the meantime, I seamed the shoulders and am halfway done with the hood. Still need to finish hood, do button band, seam the sides, put on the arms and sew the buttons. Question is: Will I finish by Saturday if I’m busy with holiday gatherings every night this week??
12/3- half way up both arms. Doing the sleeves two at a time on one needle. Magic loop. First time digging into a project using this method… and I hate it. I feel like I spend more time sliding the sleeves back and forth than I actually do knitting. If I had two sets of DPNS I’d be much happier and likely further along….. something to think about…
Sleeves in round. Did not take out the two “end” knit stitches in the pattern that would have “disappeared” during seaming if I had knit flat. So I eliminated the first set of decreases to account for the “extra” stitches. Also followed other notes that indicated the sleeves for the sweater were long. So I only knit 3.5 inches before starting cabling, and did one pattern repeat before switching to a larger needle, the recipient has small wrists, and didn’t want that area to be too baggy.
11/25- back and fronts are blocking!! starting the arms today.
11/23- a few rows left to the fronts, should finish those up tomorrow so I can get started on the sleeves. I have 1 week before the knitting has to be finished so I can have enough time for it to block, dry, and then seam it all before 12/8.
11/19- half way through both fronts. Doing them at the same time to they should be of equal gauge and tension throughout.
11/13- Back done. Translated the pattern for the fronts and cast-on both last night. Going to work them at the same time. Wish me luck.
Gauge, gauge, gauge. I made it on the swatches. And now, I’ve blocked the portion of the back I’ve already knit, just to see what the cables look like. And I’m not getting the same measurements for the back as is outlined in the blueprint. So, I’m a bit concerned. I’m getting row gauge.
But not stitch count. I need to pin this thing down and re-measure the sweater before I go any further.