I used a double crochet filet/mesh stitch instead of the stitch called for in the pattern because I didn’t like the way the original pattern stitch was working up with the yarn I used.
I used a different stitch pattern, a different yarn weight, and made a different size than the original pattern, so I had to draft the pattern for this top myself. By the time my top was done the only common factor between my sweater and the original is the curlicue around the neckline, which I knitted instead of crocheted.
The curlicue is a 7 foot three stitch i-cord knitted on size 4 DPNs. It was my first time knitting an i-cord. Took a while, but used surprisingly little yarn.
This top is wicked comfortable and fits great. The shoulders could maybe be 1/4” narrower, but I think the sleeve length, the way the sleeve fits into the armscye, the body length, and the back width are perfect. It was hard to get a good picture; it isn’t as boxy as it looks in some of the photos and drapes nicely.
Back Width: 14”
Shoulder Width: 2.5”
Armhole Depth: 7”
Total Cost: $14.95
- Purple Yarn: $11.96
- White Yarn: $2.99