I made a couple of modifications to the pattern, making the long stitches that outline the petals go down into the second row (instead of the third) and working the fifth round in the the back loops only to give the ‘flower’ a little more definition.
Initially I was going to make all the flowers in two colourways, yellow and deep pink, but after the first three rounds it wasn’t working so I pulled it apart and made the deep pink hexagons into ornaments.
Version two of my blanket uses two yellow combinations, and has an extra round of alternating dc and FPtrc around each hexagon. This adds an interesting texture, and reminds me of leaf veins.
The border is rounds of each colour used, in dc for the green and hdc for the others.