After reading all the project notes about this sweater running small I made a few alterations to insure I got the positive ease I wanted.
Knitted the 36” size (my bust is 34.5)
Knitted to the gauge of 16 stitches per 4” instead of the recommended 17… this gave me an additional 2 inches of room in the sweater. I didn’t worry so much about length since the pattern tells you to knit to specific lengths.
After working the hood, I kitchener stitched the top together so it would be seamless.
I knitted this as one continuous band rather than in 2 sections so that it would be seamless. Picked up 300 stitches from lower front, up around hood & down to opposite lower front. I also knitted in the button holes & made the front band a bit wider.
Sleeves are very very long. So I will end up cuffing them.
Note… when pattern reads:
“inc 1st each sand of needle every 8th row”
It does not mean the 8th row of the pattern… it means every 8th row of knitting. (I increased on pattern rows 8, 6, 4, 2, 10, 8, 6, 4, 2 & 10)
Yarn was full of splits & cuts, so I had to do a lot of splicing together & had a lot more ends to weave in that I should have. It did wash up much softer than on the skein, but not as soft as I would have liked. I think this will be a better felting yarn than a yarn for clothing. Will be using the few skeins I have left to make a pair of felted slippers next.