Conversation with friends about how bad sugar is for the body & that cupcakes in all their sugariness can be toxic poison to your system… led to this creation.
I combined the Amigurumi Monster Floyd pattern with the Strawberry ‘n Cream Cupcake pattern to create “Killer Cupcake”
• Created cupcake section as directed, but crochet the “paper liner” as a separate item so that it can be removed from the cupcake.
• Started Floyd a few rows before the mouth section, then proceeded as directed.
• Added a bit of icing to Floyd’s head & around his body (below the mouth).
• Added the strawberry to the top of Floyd’s head
• Sewed a small circle “pillow” that I filled with plastic pellets. I put this in the liner before putting Floyd into it. This created a bit of a weighted bottom. If I make this would add the Pellets when I stuffed the cupcake.
• If I were to make Floyd again, I would add stiff interfacing or plastic mesh into his body section behind the mouth, for more stability. He stands fine, but after washing, when the yarn softens, he may not.