After struggling with the smallness of the chart, I downloaded the chart image (jpeg) separately, & enlarged it in photoshop as it was too small to read as originally printed. (added the enlarged version to my project photos)
The rows are not numbered in this pattern which makes it a bit confusing. Most of the instructions are bolder at the beginning, but a few are not, so you need to be careful & not miss these.
I had to go down quite a bit in needle size to get gauge (I’m a loose knitter).
CO with 3.5mm (#4) needles
Cuffs: 3.25mm (#3) needles
Body: 3.75mm (#5) needles
Collar ribbing: 3.25mm (#3) needles
Cuff: standard K1P1 rib instead of twisted rib
Body: using regular seedless stitch instead of double seed
Using stitch markets to divide up the chart section to help with counting.
After working all the sleeve increases it measures 17.5 (direction say it should be 16) I have long arms, so I think it should be ok.
Messed up reading the chart. I did the center cable every time I did the outer cables instead of every other time. Still looks pretty & I am over half way thru, so just gonna leave it.
Using a crochet slip stitch to seam up the sleeves… GENIUS!!! Quick, easy & very sturdy.
The sleeves on this shrug are a bit short… ARRRGGG. Looking at the photo I thought they were full length to the wrist. If I would have know that they were a shorter length, I would have made them longer.
Although the yarn is like knitting with clouds & puppies… ohhh so soft… I have 3 balls so far that are in pieces. Each skein has knots, splits or just cut ends thru it… like 3-6 per skein. Totally annoying…. so must give it a low star rating.
Update… I contacted LionBrand about the yarn, they say this in not normal & are sending replacement yarn.
Update 2:… LionBrand sent 10 skeins of replacement yarn… Awesome customer service. The replacement skeins seem to be fine. So changing my rating to 4 stars on this yarn.