Cast on with #3.25 needles. I should have switched to a bigger needle for the chart, it’s to tight. I’m gonna rip the chart part and start it over with #4 needles. I’m learning! It’s my first stranded work.
I ripped it all. Starting over: Linen part with #3 needles and chart part with #3,75. The design doesn’t look as cute as it looked with #3,25 needles, but this way I could wear them (hopefully). I’m very excited with this project.
I think I’m gonna rip it off again. Still tight. Maybe I should try with needles #4,5. I don’t know. I’ll make up my mind one of these days…
And yes, I tried with 4.5 mm needles and it’s ok. It has been sleeping for a long time and yesterday I took it over again. I think this time is for real…
Finished! I’ve decided to change their name to Peggy, because I’ve had a wonderful time knitting them while re-running Mad Men.
It’s been a long way to knit these mittens. My first attempt with fair isle and, oh boy, not easy for me. Three starts with three different needles and at the end, I completed them in a week. So proud of myself (although they’re not perfect at all )