He loves it! Yay!
As I mentioned last time I made a hat from this pattern -- beware. There are errors on the right side of the pattern chart. You can spot them by comparing both sides of the chart; the left side is correct.
In spite of the errors, I liked the pattern very much. it was fun to knit.
I worked the tubular cast-on using needles 2 sizes smaller (US #0) than those used for the rest of the hat. This gave a firm edge to this very stretchy cast-on.
I worked the 2-color pattern on a set of 5 US#2 double pointed needles instead of circular needles. For something this small, I find it uncomfortable to use circular needles.
I changed how the decreases are made because I didn’t want to emphasize the decreases. (I didn’t want them to be all stripe-y and noticeable; I wanted them to blend with the pattern.)