June 16th, cast on after doing the maths and using my itty bitty pebble vest as a gauge for this adult size. Will make notes as I go along and if it turns out wearable, will share
June 18th, things are progressing along most peachily, although I do not want to say that for fear of jinxing my sweater vest. so for now let us say, “so far, so good” and leave it at that …
June 19th, to lessen the purl rows I added in a graduated garter pattern. I have also sewn on the buttons as I go along with a little crochet picot edging to the button band. Now on the front neckline and shoulders, using my orange tweedy vest (see in other project) as a template for getting the length of the shoulders right. Quietly amazed to see it taking shape!
June 20th, the knitty gods are with me, a small miracle has happened! My grande pebble vest is finished and quite miraculously fits! At the moment she is drying after blocking and I am somewhat nervous she will change shape. I plan to write up my notes, less I forget and cast on another :)
Footnote: I only used 2 skeins and a little bit, I believe there is enough left on the 3rd skein to make an itty bitty pebble vest for a small being… Oh that is peachy
Footynote 2: pondering front neckline and whether I should have knitted it higher, will ponder further for my second vest