So, I got this yarn originally to wear with the blue corset for the wedding in November, then switched to making the Ribbon shrug as it would be a bit warmer. In the meantime i had been working on different crochet stitch patterns to see how it would work up, but the only one that was working for me was a picot mesh with a much smaller hook than you’re supposed to use for dk, so it was a complete yarn-eater and also very tedious. It was also a bit scratchy, with the cotton and viscose all kind of knotted up. Then it occurred to me to try a really loose stockinette, on 6mm needles. Bingo! It drapes beautifully, and made the project go so much faster :)
I did a bit of a mixture of lots of different top down raglans, using vague maths based on a very casual gauge swatch. I didn’t want the full collar that you get with the anthropologie inspired capelet, so i cast on enough stitches for the back to be quite wide then just used YO increases for the sleeves, and fitted as i went.
I started increases when i got to the elbow, m1l and m1r either side of 2 centre stitches, every 4 rows, for a few rows, to give a bit of a flared cuff.
I had it in mind to do a crochet edge, so i ended up using a variation on my favourite picot mesh pattern from before, and doing it on the smaller hook (2.75mm) gave a really nice structured edge.
I’m rather pleased :)