Made on my Brother KH930 (hacked with modern computer control). Pattern generated from http://laurakogler.net/other/MosaicKnitting/ and the interactive version http://laurakogler.net/processing/MosaicKnitting/ coded by Rav user laurak6. The design changes by one pixel in each repeat.
Used just the two color (fair isle) mode on my KH930, not knit in mosaic (though my machine can do mosaic/slip stitch patterns) because it is very manually intensive to do mosaic on my machine. The front is black with pink, the back is pink with black with the colors inverted on the pattern. I knit the pattern towards the middle of the scarf, then flipped it upside down with the machine to knit back out to the other end.
hand stitched the two long borders, and kitchenered the two ends by hand.
the file i sent to the hacked kh930 is 26 wide, 361 stitches long. i repeated that 3 times in width for a 78 stitch wide and 2 times in length for 722 rows long. i used tension 2 but that was a bit tight with this particular wool, i would even go up to tension 4 next time. the scarf is also a bit too wide, maybe reduce by 10 or so stitches next time. total wool weight is 344 grams. Finished dimensions of the scarf are 17 cm wide by 174 cm long.
Blog write-up is here: http://fabienne.us/2011/09/18/algorithmically-morphing-scarf/