started this while living in canada as an exercise in using short rows to create 3D objects. after making a few facial features and finishing the hat part, it got packed away-- only to be found last week when i unpacked some boxes of yarn.
i added a few more features (and fixed some sloppy work from when i didn’t know better) and submitted it to a gallery show at school… just waiting to hear if it gets accepted. if it does, i’ll be making tons more pieces in the next 2 months before the show.
all the facial features except the ears are attached by velcro. i think i might redo the ears in the same way but right now they’re too thin so they’re just sewn on.
yarn used was almost all free acrylic yarn from school. exception is main hat part which was $1
as this is kind of still a work in progress, constructive criticism is welcome!
UPDATE: although I got some positive reinforcement from professors, the curator in charge of the event couldn’t see the value behind such a silly piece. Looks like this guy is just staying part of my own wardrobe for now.