givemeacrown's projects
Rhapsody in Cables
June 2 2017
July 3 2017
Project info
Rhapsody in Cables
Rhapsody in Cables by Joji Locatelli
Needles & yarn
US 6 - 4.0 mm
20 stitches and 28 rows = 4 inches
Bendigo Woollen Mills Luxury 10 ply
3.66 skeins = 1200.5 yards (1097.7 meters), 732 grams

My second Joji top! Yay :)

This was an interesting knit due to the different construction and it had me worrying that I was going to run out of yarn but I’m glad that I kept going and I’m very happy with the result.

The yarn I used makes this a slightly denser feeling top than if I had used a soft indie-dyed yarn however it will soften with wear and washes.

Notes while knitting:

Having finished the first sections I’ve used 185g before beginning the right sleeve and I’m starting to wonder if I’m going to run out of yarn. Eek!

Running out of yarn will be my own fault as I had looked at the yardage required for size S but when I started measuring and looking at the recommended ease I decided to cast on size M.

When I finished the front sections including around 2” of one sleeve and 1” of the other I had used around 380g. The back should use less but I’m still a bit nervous. I’ve put the sleeves on hold to finish the rest of the jumper and then I’ll see what length sleeves I can make.

Finished on 3 July!

I didn’t run out of yarn! In the end the jumper weighs 731g with sleeves knit to the pattern length. I could have made the sleeves a bit longer but I didn’t want to risk running out an odd length (and unravelling my swatch, needing to weave in lots more ends, etc).

For the second sleeve’s cuff I reversed the ribbing starting with purl and ended with a k2tog to get the purl rows to line up with the purl edges of the pattern section.

viewed 212 times
June 2 2017
July 3 2017
About this pattern
from J O J I
givemeacrown's star rating
givemeacrown's difficulty rating
372 projects, in 1384 queues
About this yarn
by Bendigo Woollen Mills
100% Wool
328 yards / 200 grams
givemeacrown's star rating

4767 projects

stashed 1839 times

  • Originally queued: April 9, 2017
  • Project created: June 2, 2017
  • Updated: July 6, 2017
  • Progress updates: 3 updates