reference these mods.
June 26 - Started! I need a break from the blue buttony sweater. I’m doing up a swatch then doing some math… this will be the first sweater that I do that has some assembly required.
After some calculations, to make it fit I CO 74 stitches on 5mm for the back. I want it to go over my hips a bit and not over-stretch - I’ll see how it goes.
June 29 - I’ve finished 8” of ribbing and 2.5” of ST st - I think I will go 5.5” of ST st to where I start to reduce for the sleeves.
July 4 - Finished the back. I think I’ll get my blue buttony done before I continue…
July 13 - Started the front…
July 26 - finished the front panel and started seaming, looks like the ribbing section will fit. yay!
Aug 9 - So far I’ve knitted 2.5 sleeves - it took me a couple of tries to figure out how to size them right (I had to CO 14 stitches). The ribs don’t line up perfectly but I don’t mind – especially since this is the first time I’ve made a sweater in parts. I have one sleeve sewn on and it looks great. Number two should take no time at all.
Aug 14 - Finally got that sleeve done and on. For some reason I kept knitting it too big.
Aug 20 - button bought and sewn on. I still have some ends to weave in but couldn’t wait to post a pic anyway. :)