I had every intention of following the pattern, but in the end I did some major modifications.
I kept all my notes this time. They’re really only useful to me and my hands.
I did a jogless stripe.
I made the left mitten a right, and the right a left. I didn't like the slightly wonky first stitch of every row and by switching sides, it gets hidden on the palm side. Maybe I’m wrong about this…
I changed the number of stitches/length to fit my hands. I thought for sure I’d run out of yarn, but I didn’t!
I changed the top decreases for a graftless, rounded top.
I intentionally mismatched the stripes.
Backwards loop cast on 2 additional stitches after the thumb stitches were placed on waste yarn. I always worry that there won’t be enough room/flexibilty in the thumb crotch.
I think that’s about it.
I’d like to introduce my new dog, Max. I wasn’t planning on getting another dog for a very long time, but there he was. :-D
Update: I am sad to say that exactly one month after I added this project, Max was gone. His life was short but his love was great.