hurdygurdygirl's projects
Lovage
Finished
January 30 2015
November 7 2015
Project info
Lovage
Lovage by Marie Wallin
Knitting
36 to get 34
Needles & yarn
US 5 - 3.75 mm
US 6 - 4.0 mm
Wendy Pure New Wool DK
394 yards in stash
5.54 skeins = 886.4 yards (810.5 meters), 277 grams
436
2632
Red-orange
ebay
August 7, 2013
Notes

29th Jan 2015: Things have been and gone in my queue, but this has remained for a while - so I’m glad to finally get around to it.

Knitting in the round up to the armpits, and cabling without a needle.
co216 german twisted co (use ribbing co numbers for next size up, as I didn’t want too much of a ‘balloon’ effect after ribbing).
I increased to the required 244st (122x2) for size 36 on the first line of the chart patterns (arranging the incs so that the main cables ‘grew’ from the ribbing because I’m ocd).

Put in a simple wavy cable at the sides to break up the reverse stocking st (see 3rd pic).
Much shorter body with minimal waist shaping - only did two sets of decs, then two incs.
V-neck shallower/higher so picked up less stitches (approx 3 for every 4).

I have to say that keeping to the cable pattern whilst doing all the v-neck/armhole shaping (and then trying to replicate it exactly on the opposite side) was a bit nightmarish.
I picked up more stitches across the back neck than the pattern said, and I also arranged it so that the ribbing ‘grew’ from the cables (because…. see above). I knitted the neck ribbing in the round (not backwards and forward like in the pattern).
Because of my larger stitch count around the neck, I did twisted rib to pull it all in a little more - amazingly, it worked a treat.
Picked up 108 for each armhole for 2x2 twisted rib in the round (again approx 3 for every 4).

Lost a bit of weight since starting this, so I think it looks best with a shirt underneath - smartens it up too.

viewed 3465 times | helped 2 people
Finished
January 30 2015
November 7 2015
 
About this pattern
hurdygurdygirl's star rating
hurdygurdygirl's difficulty rating
5 projects, in 28 queues
  • Originally queued: September 9, 2012
  • Project created: January 29, 2015
  • Finished: November 14, 2015
  • Updated: November 15, 2015
  • Progress updates: 7 updates