re-made my modified marigold hat! gifted to julie. these pictures are placeholders.
-i cast on the number of stitches for the small hat -i knit the brim flat -i did two short rows at the front of the hat to set it back a little -i added a three stitch button hole for the large button -i added a little shaping to round off the edge of the button band (increase every row until the button hole, decrease every row until the band is done) -i increased to the number of stitches for the large hat, and switched to US size 8 needles -i knit the lace pattern for three repeats -then closed it up per the pattern. -wet blocked it over a plate to encourage slouchy qualities. -i sewed the edge of the brim down just past the buttonhole so that it wouldn’t gap.