gah! i’m loving this. cable cast on 93 sts in color b, 2x1 ribbing for a while in color a. increased to 124 by a row of k2, k1bf. using the colorwork chart from the mittens (minus the four sts on the far right).
once above the snails, i’m altering the fronds a little bit. obviously, they won’t all fit, so i’m doing the second and third, and hopefully that will end up about the right length.
1/6- finished up the knitting… tried about eight different colors for the third color (antennae and flower centers) before one seemed right. it’s a bit quiet, but it is super way better than everything else i tried. blocking tomorrow, pictures soon!
for the decreases, i used the decreases in the mitten pattern, except instead of k2tog, or ssk, i did a s1, k2tog, psso, so that each decrease took two stitches (one from the colorwork on the right and one from the left). this ends up decreasing fairly quickly.