inkysticks' projects
Gaby's Pullover
Finished
June 8 2010
July 16 2010
Project info
Gaby's Pullover
Wheat-Ear Cable Yoke by Pam Allen
Knitting
Gabriela
modified 38" (40")
Needles & yarn
US 6 - 4.0 mm
US 7 - 4.5 mm
US 8 - 5.0 mm
Hilados LHO Merino
127 grams in stash
4.15 skeins = 622 grams
Uva
Red-purple
Lanas Rosmari, Villa Ballester, Buenos Aires, Argentina
June 4, 2010
Notes

I made several modifications to account for my row gauge and Gaby’s measurements.

Front and Back:
After waist shaping increases and working 1 WS row, piece measured 15 1/2” so no working even to reach length until beg chart. Worked chart rows 1-4, measured 3/4” since beg chart, began armhole shaping now instead of at 1 1/4”. Ended with chart row 4 (WS).

Sleeves:
Worked 1x1 rib as indicated. Inc’d 9x = 65sts instead of 11x since sleeve measured 14” wide. Length at this point = 14 1/4”.
Beg chart when piece measured 18 1/4” from CO, ended with WS row after Row 1, 70 sts.
Worked chart rows 1-4 and began armhole shaping as with front and back. 54sts remained after shaping, ended with chart row 4 as with front and back.

Yoke:
280 sts total for all pieces to begin yoke, 12 sts less than called for in patt. Followed patt with chart row 5 and dec/joining instructions as written; 276 sts rem my count after initial yoke round. From this point on I followed the pattern as written but changed to smallest needle to work 1x1 rib at collar after the cable design measured 9” instead of 9 1/2”.

Overall, I really like this pattern and plan on making one of these for myself at some point after all. Things I learned from this one are that the sleeve and body length could probably be shortened, and possibly some negative ease would be ok. The yoke construction is really interesting and made this a fun project.

viewed 68 times
Finished
June 8 2010
July 16 2010
 
About this pattern
inkysticks' star rating
inkysticks' difficulty rating
107 projects, in 482 queues
About this yarn
by Hilados LHO
Aran
Merino, Acrylic
150 grams
inkysticks' star rating

23 projects

stashed 6 times

  • Originally queued: October 28, 2007
  • Project created: June 8, 2010
  • Finished: July 16, 2010
  • Updated: January 12, 2012
  • Progress updates: 7 updates