11/6/09 - Test knitting the Simple Things pattern for Mary-Heather; I’ve wanted one of these for myself since the first time I saw hers!
11/18/09 - Bound off! It didn’t actually take me 12 days to knit; I took a couple breaks to work on some other projects. Now that it’s done, I’m still loving it as much as when I saw the first pictures.
The funny thing is it wasn’t until I cast off that I realized I was knitting the shawlette upside down. Even though I’d seen all the pictures on the pattern and knew that the eyelet rows (which I knit last) were at the point of the shawlette, while I was knitting I was trying to stretch it out the other way and thinking that it didn’t look the way it was supposed to. Well, no wonder…
Tomorrow’s adventure: blocking!
11/19/09 - Shawlette blocking as we speak! (Well, as I type, that is.) This was my first chance to use my new blocking wires kit, and I used Soak for the first time as well to soak the shawlette (mmmm…smells nice). Jeffrey “helped” my block, which mostly meant playing air guitar with whichever blocking wire I wasn’t using.
My project didn’t quite finish at the recommended size, which I expected to happen since my gauge was a bit off. I haven’t done very accurate measurements, but it seems to be not quite as wide along the long edge but deeper to the point.