Slain
Finished
February 28, 2015
January 1, 2018

Slain

Project info
Slain by Lisa Mutch
Knitting
Neck / TorsoShawl / Wrap
Myself
Needles & yarn
US 8 - 5.0 mm
714 yards = 1.79 skeins
Rocky Mountain Dyeworks Mt. Sparrowhawk Sock
272 yards in stash
0.32 skeins = 127.7 yards (116.8 meters), 27 grams
Green
Rocky Mountain Dyeworks
Rocky Mountain Dyeworks Mt. Sparrowhawk Sock
80 yards in stash
0.8 skeins = 319.3 yards (292.0 meters), 68 grams
Brown
Rocky Mountain Dyeworks
Rocky Mountain Dyeworks Mt. Sparrowhawk Sock
132 yards in stash
0.67 skeins = 267.4 yards (244.6 meters), 56 grams
Red-orange
Rocky Mountain Dyeworks
Notes

Colour A: Dandelion
Colour B: Falling Leaves
Colour C: Dark Opal

Not bothering to pick up wraps even when they’re a different colour than the stitches they’re wrapped around and thus visible as a horizontal line. One really has to be very close to see them and I do like how they look.

January 19/16: Got to the end of Section Two long ago, did the stitch count and discovered I was one stitch short. Technically not a big deal with this design but I didn’t know whether it was a missed border increase or a dropped stitch and the yarn is just fluffy enough to make it hard to read past border rows or detect a dropped stitch and just sticky enough that a dropped stitch would stay in place until the darned thing was finished and undergoing the pressures and pulls of being worn. Overconfident idiot that I am, I’d skipped doing the previous pattern stitch count midway through the section and so only knew for sure that the count had been okay at the beginning of the green wedge. So got set aside because I just wasn’t ready to undo so much work to find the error. Until a few days ago when I finally made myself sit down and do it; pulled out the needle and frogged the plain brown band to its first row, threaded the needle back into that row and counted. Still short. So tinked that first row of plain brown and then started tinking the green wedge. Turned out to be a missed increase close to the beginning of the first part of the green wedge. But now fixed, knitted back up to the end of the brown band where I was before (with all stitch counts along the way checked and correct this time) and have begun Section Three (first plain orange band). :-)

Feb. 20/16: Completed third (brown) wedge and stitch count still correct! Just the final orange band left to go!

March 19/16: Finished last row and have now begun Suspended Bind Off (page 166 in Leslie Ann Bestor’s “Cast On, Bind Off”)

January 1, 2018: finally blocked!

viewed 81 times | helped 3 people
Finished
February 28, 2015
January 1, 2018
 
About this pattern
from S
321 projects, in 905 queues
jlsjlsjls' overall rating
jlsjlsjls' clarity rating
jlsjlsjls' difficulty rating
About this yarn
by Rocky Mountain Dyeworks
Fingering
100% Merino
395 yards / 85 grams

34 projects

stashed 34 times

jlsjlsjls' star rating
  • Originally queued: March 3, 2014
  • Project created: February 28, 2015
  • Finished: January 3, 2018
  • Updated: January 20, 2018
  • Progress updates: 9 updates