I finished this sweater in November 2012, absolutely loved it and wore it all winter, but then I decided that it needed a shawl collar and pockets. So in March of 2013 I ripped off the button band and re-knit it as a shawl collar (and a bit wider, too) and also added patch-pockets.
I followed the Girl Friday shawl collar instructions, sorta, and the patch pockets are picked up invisibly at the bottom and sewn on invisibly up the sides according to June Hemmons Hiatt’s instructions in “The Principles of Knitting”. 17 stitches across (with two extra added on the first row for selvedges) and 30 rows high (24 stockinet and 6 k1p1 ribbing (selvedge stitches are also k)
Thank goodness I had an extra skein of yarn. I ended up using all but a few yards of my ten skeins.
NOW it’s finally perfect :)
June 30 -- Oh my gosh I love this pattern. It’s super-fun to knit! I’m using the KnitCompanion app on my iPad (and iPhone) to manage the charts and it works great.
Finished with the body, though I haven’t done the hem yet because I want to see how much yarn I have after working the sleeves.
Working sleeves both at once on one circ, flat.
June 8 -- Yarn is here!
Just ordered the yarn. It’s out of stock, but this is the color I want so I’m willing to wait :) Free shipping ‘cause I spent more than $75.