Mods to pattern:
~1) modified stitch counts because I mistakenly cast on 60 sts rather than 66 sts (and of course I didn’t discover this until I had finished the legs of both socks and realized I only had 30 sts for the heel rather than 33), but - my socks still fit!!
~2) eye of partridge heel
~3) round toe
•05.27.09 (evening): FINISHED!
•05.27.09 (afternoon): My left sock is complete to the start of the toe. I decided to frog the toe of my right sock which I had originally knit per the pattern. I just don’t like the look of my kitchner stitch. I will re-knit the toe along with the left toe using the round toe method. Socks are both back together on one circular needle to knit the toes.
Despite having to frog & re-knit the right toe, it looks like I will complete my pair just in time to submit for the May 2009 Sock Innovation KAL.
•05.25.09: Finished right sock.
•05.13.09: Cast on!!!!!!
Kai-Mei reboot: My original Kai-Mei was in a variegated yarn but it was just too busy for the pattern.