After knitting Madison’s Snappy Hat, I had just under a ball of Ariosa yarn left so I decided to knit some mitts to go with it for her as she loves to wear them. These worked out perfectly and used almost exactly the right amount of yarn. I also decided to give the magic loop method a retry compared to my usual favorite methods of 1) two circs and 2) dpns. It appears that I was doing the magic loop incorrectly before, because this time it was a breeze and I found it went quite smoothly. I enjoyed it and would consider using it again. I still think that two circs might be my first choice, but it was a great project for trying a different method. I always try to be open to new methods and not getting stuck in a rutt. It’s good to have lots of tools in your knitting tool-belt.
There are a couple typos in the pattern. Row 29, says that you should have 29 sts, that is incorrect. you will only have 24.
7th project for Warm Up to Winter KAL 2012
9th project for 2012