This yarn was a gift from my wonderful friend Jessica, whom I adore the more I knit with this delicious yarn. I can’t thank her enough.
Oct 6 - all knitting completed. Just needs ends woven in and blocked and steamed. Will take care of that early part of next week when no little people around during the day to interrupt.
Alternated skeins of yarn for the body only. Had two similar looking skeins for the sleeves so saved myself the hassle. I picked up 55 rather than 53 stitches for the sleeves just because it worked out that way and a lot of the sleeves I had seen looked very tight so I wasn’t concerned about the extra couple stitches as I wanted to wear the cardigan layered.
I ran out of yarn half way through the back in the middle of the wedge and needed to add more yarn. Seeing as I was using a super wash the spit/splice technique (my preferred method and invisible) was not an option so I chose to try a braided join which worked out fairly well. Joji said that she solved the joining problem by only joining close to the back piece where she could weave in ends in the seam and not worry about the reversible nature of the design.
This was a bear to block. I rinsed and rinsed it and the color kept bleeding like crazy. Finally, thanks again to Jessica, I added some vinegar to the water and that did the trick.