December 24, 2015
Cast on provisionally a row under the arm division. (next time, do several rows first, it would help with stability for the arm holes.)
December 30, 2015
finished fronts and back and 3 needle bind off. this took almost all of the first skein.
reconnecting yarn to work downward for another 19”, plus whatever length I want to add to make it not cropped, plus a little longer twisted ribbing separates by a garter ridge, piece of cake :)
January 1, 2016
on the last day of 2016, I made it about 7” because of knitting on New Years Eve! another 1 1/2” today on a chat and playing games. EXCELLENT.
January 28, 2016
working on sleeves! with ribbed edging, even though the rest of the sweater has garter edging (bottom and neck).
January 30, 2016
picked up too few stitches for the second sleeve, by about six (surprise, that’s how many decreases I did, I musta based my number on the bind off not the pick up!). knit the entire sleeve before I realized. Ripped out and reknit the sleeve the following day.
February 1, 2016
fairly aggressively blocked, but didn’t use blocking wires or pins, just pulled it out widthwise to match the 68” width for my size.