NB There is an error in the number of stitches for the sleeve in the L size. It should read cast on 69 NOT 79
Unfortunately not discovered until sleeve finished!
NNB. After finishing the back and being past the armhole on the front I discovered there is another mistake on the pattern and the instructions given meant that there were 10 stitches less than there should be.
What was big knit to start with has now turned into a marathon.
Very careless of Bergere, considering this pattern had been published in another magazine. I wrote to them twice advising of the errors, but no reply either time. Quite poor, as I am a stockist of their yarn and patterns.
Although the finished garment has turned out well, my happiness rating reflects the careless errors in the pattern and the fact it had to be virtually worked twice.
Update June 2012. After all this the sweater is too small for my husband. I am not strong enough to knit it again. May go on eBay….