lindamade > notebook > projects > Green Bean Cardigan

Project info
Green Bean Cardigan
Peanut Butter by Linda Permann
Crochet
ME!
40"
Needle and yarn
5.0 mm (H)
Berroco Vintageā„¢ DK
5 skeins = 1440.0 yards (1316.7 meters), 500 grams
Yarnivore in San Antonio, Texas
April 2, 2011
Notes

5-21 I ended up finessing the neckline by going around it one more time, adding faux smocking post stitches willy nilly to raise it by just the amount I had lowered it (hah!). I hope there’s some crazy air conditioning in Ohio so I can wear this to TNNA.

5-6 Sewed the buttons on last night. Need to edge the sleeves and weave in the edging ends, and I’m done! Pics soon!

5-5 I’m almost finished with this-- I wove in the ends and did most of the edging on a bus trip to Pearsall TX, where I saw a farm that grows green beans for Del Monte. Hence, I gave it a name. Just a bit of finishing left to do when I have time.

4-26 All of the pieces are blocked and now all that’s left is the finishing. Yay!

4-24 Finished the pieces. I decided not to add to the smocked section, we’ll see if I regret that. But blocking took care of most of my concerns. I did add about 3.5” to each sleeve which I’ll probably have to finesse when I sew them on--my arm circ. is always bigger around even on readymade clothes. Excited to block + seam this sweater, even though it’s already hotter than blazes here.

Also, I found a few small errata in the pattern (no!) so I’ll update those soon.

4-12 I’m halfway through and I think I’ll have to make some changes to fit my body. First, add a bit more to the smocked section (maybe 8 stitches to be safe) and also, widen the sleeves--which I think I can do w/o ripping the whole sleeve out. I was working on this at DFW FF and should have brought the schematic with me, but alas. I’m blocking the pieces first to check if they can be saved.

Starting my own PB! Did a gauge swatch to make sure, since I switched yarns, and it looks like the same size will work. One can never be too careful :)

viewed 2143 times | helped 9 people
Finished
April 2 2011
May 7 2011
 
About this pattern
lindamade's star rating
lindamade's difficulty rating
96 projects, in 858 queues
About this yarn
Vintageā„¢ DK
by Berroco
DK / 8 ply
50% Acrylic, 40% Wool, 10% Nylon
288 yards / 100 grams
lindamade's star rating
6685 projects, stashed 4113 times
  • Project created: April 2, 2011
  • Finished: May 16, 2011
  • Updated: May 29, 2011