I had a couple of frogging moments trying to get the size I needed and in the end used a needle size too big for the yarn but hopefully it will look fine once blocked.Extra increases on row 17 and 25 giving my 130 stitches before I start the purl and divide for sleeves/fron and back. Put buttonholes on the left side for a boy. Row 26 became another knit row because of my increases and buttonholes. Put buttonholes on row 3 then every 15th row as I like odd numbers. My increases were MK1 rather then the wrap technique in the pattern-it was messy. Still going but its looking on track for Charlies size.
Ok the fit is looking good-Id say 12-18 months for sure. I knit the body to 80 rows then knit 16 rows in garter before casting off in purl. I didnt make any increases for an A-line shape. I’m knitting the sleeves using magic loop. The sleeves I knit to row 10 then k2tg at the pm. Knit to row 20 then k2tg either side of the pm. Knit to row 30 then k2tg at pm then knit to row 37. Knit 10 rows of garter then cast off in purl. I’m really pleased! Its got some growing room and feels really nice. The sleeves are a bit long but I’ve turned the cuff up which is cute.